For Your Tomorrow
UK (2007) Documentary 10 minutes
Every summer, British and Japanese veterans who fought in Burma during the WWII gather for remembrance and reconciliation. They meet at a Buddhist temple in London and Canterbury Cathedral.
During the war, they were trained to hate each other and kept the negative image for many years after the war ended. When they met their former enemies for the first time, they began to see the world differently. This is a story told by those who went through a life journey affected by the war.
Writer and Director: Kyoko Miyake
Camera: Felix Matschke
Editor: Kyoko Miyake
- Best Documentary Film Award, Wood Green International Film Festival (2008)
- Official Selection, Women’s International Film Festival, Florida (2008)
- Official Selection, Rushes Soho Film Festival (2008)
- Official Selection, London Filmmakers’ Convention (2007)
- Official Selection, Portobello Film Festival (2008)
- Official Selection, Non Violent International Film Festival, Cambridge, Canada (2008)
- Official Selection, My Hero Film Festival (2008)