Mrs Birks’ Sunday Roast バークス夫人の日曜日
UK (2009) Documentary 6 minutes
New Pathways Film Fund (Film London).
A Japanese food writer embarks on her quest to cook the perfect Sunday roast. Her gravy evokes a taste of home both gently Japanese and quintessentially English. Blending her passion for British food with the memories that accompany each dish, it is a labour of love with all the trimmings.
The film has been added to the British Film Institute National Archive Collection in 2010. It enjoyed a successful 2-week run at the IFC Center in NYC in 2011.
''This beautifully shot slice-of-life short introduces Mrs. Fumiko Birks, a Japanese woman living in England with her British husband.''
Executive Producer: Cairo Cannon
Writer and Director: Kyoko Miyake
Producer: Jean-Luc Blakey
Cinematographer: Laura Bellingham
Editor: Andrea Cuadrado
Music: Patrick Durkan
- Best Documentary Award, Super Shorts International Film Festival (2010)
- Nomination, Best of Boroughs Awards (2009)
- Official Selection, True/False Film Fest, USA (2011)
- Official Selection, Big Sky Documentary Film Festival, USA (2011)
- Official Selection, Documentary Edge Film Festival, New Zealand (2011)
- Official Selection, Dawson City Film Festival, (2011)
- Official Selection, AFI/Discover Channel, SilverDocs Film Festival (2010)
- Official Selection, Strasbourg International Film Festival (2010)
- Official Selection, London Short Film Festival (2010)
- Official Selection, Kino Film, Manchester European Short Film Festival (2010)
- Film of the Month, Indieflix (2011)
- Official Selection, Dawson City International Film Festival (2011)
- Screening, Hackney Film Festival (2011)
- Screening, Rio Cinema, Dalston, London (2011)
- Screening, Rushes Soho Shorts (2010)
- Screening, Shoreditch Festival (2010)
- Screening, East End Film Festival (2009)